Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day Two

I didn't get much rest as I had a nurse in every hour to check on me and the blood pressure cuff went off frequently. I don't think Andy slept too well either. Andy got up at 8am to head to the NICU for the feeding. It was hard on me not to be abe to go.


I finally was able to get some food around noon - some chicken broth and sorbet and juice! That made me feel a little better. After lunch, I heard I would be able to get off the IV by 4pm or so. I couldn't wait. It took forever for them to get everything off of me, including the dressing from the c-section. It was probably 5pm by the time they had me stand up. I had been lying down since the c-section so I was in a lot of pain. They got me cleaned up and Andy moved our stuff to a post partum room. Around 6pm, they wheeled me to the NICU. I hadn't seen the babies since the previous night, but Andy would take pictures and show them to me. It was so good to see the them and hold them. They were so cute in their preemie outfis and knitted hats.



Our room was just short distance from the NICU, so we went to our room to get settled and order some room service. Then, we headed over at 8pm for my first feed. Andy was already a pro at this point and showed me how to change their diapers, take their tempature, and feed them. It was all new to me because they were so tiny! I had met with a lactation consultant earlier that day and started pumping, but for now they were on formula.






No comments: