Since I was so glad to be able to spend time with the babies, I got up at 2am and headed over to the NICU to help with a feeding. The nurses are so nice and caring. I was still in some pain from the c-section, but the medicine helped!
Both Andy and I went to the 8am and 11am feeding. Since they were both doing so well, they were released out of the NICU after the 11am feeding and they got to go in the room with us. We got to keep the cute little hats, but had to surrender the preemie clothes and use the hospital shirts. The little shirts were humongous and we also used them as pants - it looked pretty funny. They also were in the bunting to keep them warm.
It was great that they were already on a schedule. Our neighbors, the Adams, stopped by that afternoon to meet Avery and Ryan and also give us an update on how Raleigh was doing. Andy ran home that day to get the car seats and bases since we needed to get that done before we could go home!
Avery and Ryan

No comments:
Post a Comment