Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Uncle" Glenn's Visit

Andy's friend from Bethesda, Glenn (aka "Uncle" Glenn), was in Colorado for work and was able to spend the weeekend with us before heading back to DC. Friday night, we tried to go to Hacienda for dinner. I had called ahead and they told me 35 minutes. When we arrived, I walked up to the hostess desk holding Avery and they told me it would be another 40 minutes and asked if that would be okay. No, it's not okay when we have 2 toddlers that need to be fed! We decided we still wanted Mexican, so headed over to Three Margaritas and we were able to get in with no wait! We had a fun dinner and the kid's enjoyed their quesadilla!

Saturday after swim lessons, I was able to sneak out for a mani/pedi and then headed downtown to meet the girls from book club for tea at the Brown Palace. Andy and I actually got engaged there, so it holds a special place for me. I have been to several events there and always wanted to have the tea experience. We had great tea, conversation, scones, finger sandwiches, and tea pastries!

Saturday night, Andy and Glenn headed to the Nuggets game after dinner at Wazee Supper Club. Andy got to wear his Birdman shirt I got him last year when we went to the playoffs game and Glenn borrowed his headband to get in the Nuggets spirit. They had a fun night and enjoyed the close game and Nugget win.

Sunday, we decided to go to Lucile's Creole Cafe for brunch and apparently everyone else had the same idea. Glenn went ahead to put our name on the list and meet some other friends of his that live in Denver that were joining us. It was a gorgeous day and we hung out on the lawn and enjoyed beignets while we waited. Avery and Ryan enjoyed their first taste of beignets - who wouldn't! We finally were seated and had a delicious brunch. After brunch, Glenn had to head to the airport. It was great to see him and hang out.


































































No comments: