Monday, October 5, 2009

Single Mommy

We arrived in Denver at 1:30pm on Tuesday and Andy had a flight out at 6pm to Munich that night via Frankfurt. So, we all went to the car and Andy switched bags. He went to Munich for a symposium for work and came back Sunday night. It was quite busy in the mornings and evenings before and after work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with only one set of hands. Friday night, I was able to get a sitter so I could go to neighborhood bunco. Saturday, we met my friend, Kristen, for lunch. The kids did great in the highchairs and we were able to catch up. Saturday night, we had a potluck block party right in front of our house. I made a dessert and just wheeled the kids out in the stroller. It was great fall weather during the day, but turned pretty chilly later in the day. I put some little fleece jackets on them that were too big for them in the Spring. We got some cute pictures of the kids with the pumpkins that the neighbors grew in their garden. The big one was 70 pounds!! I had to head in around 6 to get the kids their dinner, bottles, and ready for bed. Once I got them down, I looked outside and the party was still going on and a fire pit had been added. I decided to head back out and just took my video monitor with me. It worked out great! Sunday, Kelly and Annabelle stopped by to visit. They brought lunch and a box of clothes that Annabelle and GG have outgrown. Avery is going to have some cute fall/winter outfits! Before heading to the airport to pick up Andy, we went to Aspen Grove to shop for some winter coats and found what we needed, so we are all set for the cold weather. I have a feeling it is going to be a bad winter! Andy was glad to see us when we picked him up. He got cute toboggans for Avery and Ryan in Germany - so they will be sporting those with their new coats!

Andy enjoying a stop at the Beer Garden on Mike's Bike Tour (a must do in Munich)


Avery and Ryan playing with their Learning Table


Ryan being gentle with Raleigh


The neighborhood kids at the block party

Ryan, Avery, and Anabelle

No comments: