Sunday, May 10, 2009

Big Move

Avery and Ryan turned three months old this past week and have been pretty good night sleepers. We decided to go ahead and move them up to the the nursery. The first night went great - we put them down at 11:30pm and they woke up at 5:30am. The last two nights, Ryan has woken up around 4:30. We will see how tonight goes. We have a video monitor that can pan between cribs and zoom in as well, which is helpful to see what they are up to. Right now, we still have them in the same crib.
This was my last week of maternity leave and started weaning about two weeks ago as my pump was due back this weekend and decided it was going to be just too much to keep up once I was back to work. I'm pleased I was able to pump for 3 months and they are now doing fine on the formula as that is what they originally began on. I actually went in on Tuesday since all the HR leaders at work from around the globe were getting together, which doesn't happen often. Andy was able to stay home with the twins, which worked out well. We did make a trip downtown to his office on Friday so that his colleagues could meet Avery and Ryan. They both did well for most of the visit, but then Ryan got fussy and was not happy at all. We were in the lobby and the echo was quite loud. We finally got him to calm down and all was well.
I had a nice first Mother's Day. Andy did the early morning feed and I was able to sleep in. We made it out for breakfast, which was nice and the babies slept the whole time. We also did web calls with my family and Andy's parents. We then spent a lot of the day just getting organized for the nanny to start tomorrow. It will be tough to be away from Avery and Ryan during the day, but they will be in good hands!


Ryan & Avery at 3 months

No comments: